EVENT: National Child Protection Week
6–12 September 2015
The Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner is celebrating National Child Protection Week 2015 organised by NAPCAN. The event invites all Australians to play their part to promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
To play our part in celebrating #NCPW2015 we have scheduled some of our own events to promote the safety and protection of young people online.
We are working with the ACT, QLD, NSW and VIC education departments to deliver free Virtual classroom presentations during #NCPW2015.
The presentations will also include information about the Office’s cyberbullying complaints scheme.
- 8 September, QLD – Digital rights and digital wrongs (teacher workshop)
- 8 September, NSW – Secret security business (upper primary)
- 9 September, ACT – Communicating online (upper primary)
- 10 September, VIC – Office of the Children’s eSafety Commission – Online introduction (teacher workshop)
For more information or to register for these events, please visit our Virtual classroom page.
The eSafety Hotline investigates complaints from Australian residents and law enforcement agencies about offensive and illegal online content.
During National Child Protection Week, the eSafety Hotline will:
- Focus on investigations into child sexual abuse content
- Measure the speed of take down/removal of this content through our international network.
- Reach out to key stakeholders to raise awareness of our role in child protection
- Release new information about the Hotline’s impact over 2014/15.
Complaints and reporting
Please visit the links below to make a complaint or report about: