Online Safety Grants Program
The Online Safety Grants Program, led by the eSafety Commissioner, is part of the Australian Government’s commitment to keeping children and young people safe online.
Grant funding of between $80,000 and $1 million is available to non-government organisations (NGOs) that deliver online safety education to children, young people and their communities, or training to those who work with them. A total of $9 million will be allocated starting in mid-2020.
This is an open competitive grants program for NGOs. Applications for the current round are now closed.
Outcomes of the current round will be published on our website and the GrantConnect website in coming months.
The objectives of the Online Safety Grants Program are to:
- support innovative development, collaboration and implementation of online safety education programs
- ensure children, young people and their communities can access inclusive, citizen-focused online safety education resources
- promote and increase the positive and safe use of digital technologies in at-risk communities, via improvements in service delivery
- contribute to driving diversity and inclusion online through resources for at-risk communities
- encourage help seeking behaviours and provide clear pathways for assistance for children and young people who are experiencing some form of online harm
- create a culture within schools and communities where safe online behaviours amongst children and young people become the ‘norm’
- deliver projects that use co-design principles and evidence-based frameworks as standard practice for delivering online safety education
- embed Safety by Design principles in the development of solutions and programs, where appropriate.
You can Register your organisation’s interest in the Online Safety Grants Program, so you can get future updates. Our Guidelines and the draft Commonwealth Simple Grant Agreement and FAQs are still available for reference please see below. If you have any further questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant Agreement and Guidelines – Accessible
Collection, use and disclosure of personal information