Kids and teens online
This research snapshot provides an update to Aussie teens online released by the Australian Communications and Media Authority in July 2014.
- At June 2015, 82% of teens had been online in the previous 4 weeks.
- 85% for girls, 78% boys
- 64% streaming video
- 47% playing games online
- 78% emailing
- 54% social networking
- 78% research and browsing
- 27% between 9am and 2:59pm
- 49% between 3pm and 4:59am
- 74% accessed between 5pm and 10pm
- 28% between 10pm and midnight
- 8% between midnight to 6:59am
- 98% of teens are connecting at home
- 64% have access at school
- 57% access the internet at a friend's home
- 36% of all teens going online are accessing via wireless hotspots
- 52% of teen users access the internet on two different devices,
- 30% are using three
- 18% are reliant on only one device.
Aussie teens and kids online
For more recent research (2017 survey): Youth and digital dangers