Problem-solving tips for eSafety’s webinar training sessions.
See also our training and presentation FAQ for common questions about virtual classroom sessions for schools, as well as our corporate and community presentations.
Shortly before the webinar you will be sent an email containing a ‘Join Webinar’ button. Click on this to attend the presentation. You should plan on attending the presentation at least 5 minutes before it is scheduled to start to make sure you don't miss anything and that your connection is working.
GoToWebinar should guide you through the setup process at this point. If it does not, there are a few things you can check:
- If you have a personal or network firewall, make sure that GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar is not being blocked.
- If this is the first time you're attending a webinar through GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar, and the application does not launch after you click ‘Join Webinar’ (if you don't see the GoToWebinar control panel), look for the ‘launch software’ button on the page.
- If you are still having trouble, try using a different browser (Firefox, Safari, Edge or Chrome), and click ‘Join Webinar’ again.
To ensure quality control and to protect the IP of our sessions we do not record our sessions or have them available upon request. You will need to look out for the next available session. Check the website for dates.
- Allow 12 to 24 hours from when you have completed the final webinar.
- Have you checked your Junk Mail? The program that sends the quiz email may be blocked by your email provider or school IT security. Contact your IT department or check your email settings.
- Attend all webinars using one account (same email address). Our systems use the email address as the common identifier for your sessions. If you attended the sessions using different emails contact us with the session details and we will investigate.
- You may have dropped in and out of sessions, meaning our systems didn’t record the minimum time needed to complete the session. Again, contact us with the session details and we will investigate.
- Upon completing the quiz, were you prompted to fill in a form that asks for your email address? If so, the certificate will be emailed to the address you entered in the form.
- Have you checked your Junk Mail? The automated emailing system (campaign monitor) that sends the certificate email may be blocked by your email provider or school IT security. Contact your IT department or check your email settings.
- If you have checked and have not received the certificate you may have entered the wrong email. Please redo the quiz and re-enter the email address.
- If you still haven’t received it, please contact us.
I cannot get past some of the questions in the quiz or if I complete a question I’ve been taken back to the start.
- You can only progress through the quiz if you answer the questions correctly. Please keep trying. Refer to your session notes for the correct response.
- At times our network can go down for maintenance or other reasons. The quiz is hosted on our network and so connectivity will be affected if it is down. Please try attempting the quiz another time.
- Make sure you are using the most up to date version of your browser and have a stable connection.
- The session may be full. We have a limit of 100 attendees per session to ensure the quality of the content is not compromised by connection speeds and the facilitator can manage and interact with the majority of the participants.
- Please check our website or contact us and we will inform you of the next release of sessions.
- If you have connected to the session using a smart phone or tablet the chat function is not available on GoToWebinar sessions. Please try changing to a PC or Laptop.
- The facilitator or webinar assistant needs to manually enable the chat function for each participant, and this may take a few minutes after you log in.
- Check your audio settings on your device or webinar tool (have you muted the presenter?)
- Make sure that you have clicked the ‘Use Mic and Speakers’ option under the Audio section in the GoToWebinar control panel.
- Do you have the audio device plugged in or Bluetoothed? Check the audio settings and run a test with another website or song.
- Check your speakers themselves — sometimes the connection to your computer can come loose — and make sure that they are on (try adjusting the volume as well).
- Log out and log back in to the webinar session. Sometimes the connection to the session hasn’t worked properly.
- Try using another browser (Firefox, Safari, Edge or Chrome), and click ‘Join Webinar’ again.
- Check the time: webinars usually start shortly after the scheduled time, so wait until you hear the presenter's voice or a few minutes have past since the start time before leaving the session
- Hold Alt + Tab on a PC (or Command + Tab on a Mac) and select the GoToWebinar/GoToWebinar application to make sure that it is not minimized or covered by another window.
NESA/TQI participants only — I have completed the whole process and have received my certificate but cannot see my hours on NESA/TQI
- Allow 10 working days for us to accredit the hours.
- Did you provide the correct ID number? If you think you haven’t or have made a mistake, please contact us as soon as you can so we can amend our systems.