Professional learning program for teachers
Webinar-based professional development for teachers provided by eSafety’s expert education and training team.
The eSafety professional learning program covers the latest online safety research, case studies and teaching strategies to help teachers integrate online safety into their programs and student wellbeing planning.
This program includes 90 minutes of professional learning through live webinar participation, the completion of 30 minutes of readings and an assessment. Teachers who complete the course will receive a certificate for 2 hours of professional learning.
This professional learning is aimed at primary and secondary teachers, counsellors, psychologists and teaching support staff.
Teacher professional standards
This program addresses the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers
- 4.4 Maintain student safety
- 4.5 - Use ICT safely, responsibly and ethically
Online safety module – risks and protective factors
By the end of this module teachers will be able to:
- understand the key skills young people need to protect themselves from online risks
- identify resources to support online safety education
- recognise current trends in technology and the latest online safety research.