Ask for help
About this resource
Type of resource
Educator notes, student activity pack, PowerPoint slide deck and notes
30 to 35 minutes
Key learning areas
By the end of the learning, students will be able to:
- understand how to recognise and identify their body clues or ‘early warning signs’
- practise help-seeking strategies when online.
Using this resource
This Mighty Heroes classroom activity includes a story and script in a PowerPoint slide deck, discussion points and supporting resources.
The Mighty Heroes are four Australian bush characters who each have an online safety message for students:
- Wanda the echidna: I am responsible – I protect my personal information.
- River the sugar glider: I show respect – I am kind and caring to others.
- Dusty the frilled neck lizard: I trust my feelings – I ask for help when something doesn’t feel right.
- Billie the bilby: I investigate – I question what I see, hear and do online.
This resource aligns with Dusty the frilled neck lizard’s online safety message about trusting your feelings and asking for help when something doesn’t feel right.
To use this resource:
- download the PowerPoint slide deck, educator notes and student activity pack
- guide students through the opening questions, activity and discussion
- extend or follow-up the lesson with the suggested adaptations, related resources and ideas for sharing learning at home.
eSafety’s Best Practice Framework for Online Safety Education has been used to develop this resource. eSafety recommends educators use these resources as part of a whole-school approach to online safety.