Online friends and strangers
About this resource
Middle primary, Upper primary
Type of resource
Slide deck, lesson plan
Key learning areas
By the end of the learning, students will be able to:
- identify and establish personal online safety boundaries
- develop skills to identify problematic situations which may impact their online safety
- consider appropriate help-seeking and reporting strategies for dealing with unsafe situations online.
Lessons can also be tailored to suit different student needs.
Using this resource
Recommended teaching approach
- Show the presentation to the class and work through the questions and answers together.
- Reinforce key messages and generate deeper discussion.
- Encourage the students to complete the personal reflection activity.