Role-play respect online
About this resource
Type of resource
Educator notes (including supporting resources)
30 to 35 minutes
Key learning areas
By the end of the learning students will be able to:
- identify and explore skills and strategies to develop respectful relationships
- identify how different situations influence emotional responses
- practise strategies for seeking, giving or denying permission respectfully.
Using this resource
This Mighty Heroes classroom activity is based on role-play and includes discussion points and supporting resources.
The Mighty Heroes are four Australian bush characters who each have an online safety message for students:
- Wanda the echidna: I am responsible – I protect my personal information.
- River the sugar glider: I show respect – I am kind and caring to others.
- Dusty the frilled neck lizard: I trust my feelings – I ask for help when something doesn’t feel right.
- Billie the bilby: I investigate – I question what I see, hear and do online.
This resource aligns with River the sugar glider’s online safety message about showing respect online.
To use this resource:
- download the educator notes
- guide students through the opening questions, activity and discussion
- extend or follow-up the activity with the suggested adaptations, related resources and ideas for sharing learning at home.
eSafety’s Best Practice Framework for Online Safety Education has been used to develop this resource. eSafety recommends educators use these resources as part of a whole school approach to online safety.