Webinars for parents and carers
Join one of our free webinars for parents and carers.
These live webinars explore the latest research and they are a great way to learn how you can help your child develop the skills to be safer online.
All sessions are delivered by eSafety's expert education and training team.
eSafety's guide to parental controls
This Term 2 webinar will look at how parents and carers can set up devices and apps to help kids and young people stay safe online.
It is designed for parents and carers of children aged 4-13.
It will cover:
- the benefits and limitations of parental controls
- how to set up iOS and Android devices for safety
- how to set up popular games and apps like YouTube and Roblox for safety
- using family tech agreements and other parenting strategies to manage online risks
- how eSafety can help when things go wrong.
This webinar will include practical tips, demonstrations and advice.
Dates (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Tuesday 4 May 12.30 to 1.30 pm
Wednesday 5 May 12.30 to 1.30 pm
Thursday 6 May 7.30 to 8.30 pm
Tuesday 8 June 12.30 to 1.30 pm
Wednesday 16 June 7.30 to 8.30 pm
eSafety’s 2021 parent and carer webinar schedule – save the dates!
The demand for our popular parent and carer webinars in 2020 prompted the education and training team to develop the 2021 series to support Australian parents and carers.
Each term, we will offer a new topic that will run numerous times. These webinars will provide parents and carers with the knowledge, skills and tools to support their children to have safe, positive online experiences. Registration information for terms 3 - 4 will be released closer to the dates.
Topic: eSafety parent guide to online sexual harassment and Image Based Abuse
- 28 July 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- 29 July 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- 10 August 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- 24 August 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Child Protection Week
- 7 September 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- 9 September 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
Topic: eSafety parent guide to digital technologies and mental health
- 19 October 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- 20 October 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- 21 October 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
- 26 October 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- 9 November 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- 18 November 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm