Digital Platform Regulators' Forum
Australian Government regulators are working together to help protect Australians online.
The Digital Platform Regulators' Forum (DP-REG) was formed to support a streamlined and cohesive approach to the regulation of digital platforms. eSafety is a member of DP-REG, along with the:
- Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA)
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
- Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
These Australian independent regulators formed DP-REG as an initiative to share information about, and collaborate on, cross-cutting issues and activities on the regulation of digital platforms. This includes consideration of how competition, consumer protection, privacy, online safety and data issues intersect.
DP-REG has developed a Terms of Reference document that further outlines the purpose and goals of the group. These Terms of Reference were updated on 16 September 2022.
In June 2022, the heads of the four DP-REG members met and agreed on a collective set of priorities for 2022–23. This includes:
- a focus on the impact of algorithms
- seeking to increase transparency of digital platforms’ activities and how they are protecting users from potential harm
- increased collaboration and capacity building between the members.
Get in touch
For information about the work of the DP-REG, or to get in touch with the group, please contact the Secretariat at: DP-REG@oaic.gov.au.