Other information to document
This information will be useful to provide context for the screenshots or photos of the abusive material you have saved. It can demonstrate more clearly why the material is affecting you.
- Duration — how long has the abuse been going on? Is it happening daily, weekly, every month, every few months?
- Intensity — has the abuse got worse over time? Has the language the abusive person is using become more abusive, threatening or demanding over time?
- Relationship — is the abusive person known to you? If so, what is your relationship with this person? For example, are they an ex-partner? If the abuse is part of domestic and family violence and you feel unsafe, contact the police immediately.
- Impact — how has the abuse made you feel? Do you feel frightened or scared? Do you feel upset? Has it affected your ability to work or carry out other responsibilities? If you are feeling frightened or unsafe, contact the police immediately. If you need support, find a counselling or support service that is right for you.
- Action taken — what actions have you already taken to try and stop the abuse? Have your reported previous abusive posts? Have you reported fake accounts? Have you blocked accounts the abusive person is using?