Training for peak sporting organisations and clubs
eSafety offers online safety presentations for peak sporting organisations and clubs interacting with young people.
Our online safety experts provide this training for administrators, coaches and managers, subject to availability. It is not for players or anyone under the age of 18 years.
Participants will learn about:
- current trends in social media use, particularly in sporting environments
- the importance of having a social media policy and how these policies relate to existing codes of behaviour, member protection and club/organisation policies.
- safeguarding all members of your organisation and key online safety messages to share with their sporting community.
These presentations are delivered face to face. They are one to two hours long.
For more information visit Training and presentations FAQ.
- Sporting organisations and community groups: Sporting organisations and clubs have an important role to play in keeping children and young people safe online. Our checklists and resources can help.
- Photos, videos, social media and fundraising: Like schools, sporting organisations and community groups should consider having policies in place for social media use, as well as for taking, storing and sharing photos and videos.
- Presentations for parent and carer groups: eSafety presentations can help parents and carers, and other youth-focused community groups, to better understand online safety issues and their impact on today’s young people.
Training for professionals
Our education and training team also provides online safety presentations for professionals working with young people including: