Try these safety tips for wearable devices, also called wearable technology, such as smart watches, fitness bands and trackers, and medical devices:
- Make sure any device your wearable is paired with via Bluetooth is under your control.
- Manage your device even when it is not in use — store it in a safe place, where no one else can access it, whenever you take it off.
- Make informed choices about what personal information you want to share.
- Only link data about your personal challenges and exercise habits with trusted friends.
- If you use a wearable device provided by the organisation you work for, ask about the type of information they collect. Some organisations require access to an employee's devices so that they can track work locations.
More tips and how-to videos on wearables