The enterprise assessment tool is designed to guide mid-tier and top-tier companies on ways to improve and innovate online safety.
Participants are guided through a series of questions and given current good practice and evidence-based resources and templates. Each participant’s responses generate a tailored report that acts as both a safety 'health check’ and a learning resource.
Enterprise assessment tool
This tool is designed for:
- mid-tier companies (50 to 249 employees worldwide)
- top-tier companies (250+ employees worldwide).
If your company has fewer than 50 employees, see information about the start-up assessment tool.
About the tool
Five modules are included in the tool:
- Structure and leadership – demonstrates how embracing online safety within the culture of an organisation helps reduce user risks and harms.
- Internal policies and procedures – canvasses how safety can be embedded in internal policies and procedures to improve both the safety of users and the wellbeing of employees.
- Moderation, escalation and enforcement – covers the need for a proactive approach to detecting, moderating and reporting harmful and illegal content, including compliance with legal obligations.
- User empowerment – outlines the importance of embedding the safety and rights of users into products and services from the outset.
- Transparency and accountability – walks through the steps organisations can take to be more inclusive, open and transparent.
What do I need to get started?
Time – each module of the assessment tool takes between 45-90 minutes to complete. You do not have to complete all modules at once, but we recommend that participants allocate dedicated time to complete the modules, free from distractions.
Information – the scope of the assessment tool is broad, so you should ensure you have easy access to all the information you need to accurately complete the assessment. This may include internal policies, workflows and safety or risk assessment documentation.
People – suggestions for team members you may benefit from having with you as you complete the assessment can be found within the overview section for each module. You may also need the knowledge of other individuals, such as your company's trust and safety lead.
Continual improvement mindset – integrated throughout the tool are resources that can be used as learning aids and sources of advice and inspiration. The assessment tool can be far more than a checklist or a benchmarking exercise – use the resources to achieve your objectives of making platforms or services safer.
Unique reference code
Participants are given a unique reference code when they first login, so the assessment can be completed over several sessions. You must login at least every seven days to keep this reference code valid. After 90 days, eSafety deletes all details to protect the anonymity of our users.
No personal information on the individual participant or their company is collected. The answers are general in nature and do not identify the business they are based on.
Please read our Safety by Design privacy page for more details.