When you engage positively you are exercising your rights and responsibilities as a digital citizen, and respecting the rights of others.
Being aware of your own behaviour, respecting others and knowing how to take action to protect yourself means that you bring respect, integrity and ethical behaviour to your online interactions and discourage anti-social behaviours like trolling, bullying and harassment.
When you are online:
- respect the rights of others to participate and have an opinion
- ask before tagging other people or posting photos
- report offensive or illegal content
- stand up and speak out about cyberbullying — protect your friends
- don't respond to hurtful or nasty comments — block and report cyberbullying
- speak to your parents or trusted adult about upsetting online experiences
- report threats of violence to the police (collect the evidence to show them).