Presentations for parent and carer groups
eSafety presentations can help parents and carers, and other youth-focused groups in the community, to better understand online safety issues and their impact on young people.
eSafety’s education and training program provides free face-to-face presentations and workshops for groups working and interacting with young people, including parents and carers outside a school setting.
This presentation explores the latest research into online safety, technology trends and the benefits and risks of social media. It includes case studies and targeted advice on helping young people to have safe, enjoyable online experiences.
The presentation is one to two hours long including question time, and is delivered by online safety experts from eSafety.
Participants will learn about:
- online safety issues such as cyberbullying, online pornography, sending nudes and sexting, time online, gaming and unwanted contact
- eSafety’s removal powers related to serious cyberbullying, child sexual abuse material and image-based abuse
- practical strategies to safeguard and minimise online risks for those working with and caring for young people
- where to access online safety parenting resources and advice
A minimum of 30 participants is required.
- Training for sporting organisations and clubs: Resources and tailored presentations for sporting organisations, including for administrators, coaches, managers or parents.
- Parents and carers: A wealth of advice for parents and carers on how to help their children have safe and enjoyable experiences online.
Presentations for professionals
Our education and training team also provides online safety presentations for professionals working with young people including: