How can I tell if information is true?
Look out for content that seems very one-sided.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Is it from a trustworthy source, known for being honest about information?
- Does the headline match the content?
- Are different views included, to give the content balance?
- Do the quotes make sense and match the rest of the story, or do they seem to be missing the wider context?
- Does the content seem to be unbelievable or ‘too good to be true’?
- Is there enough evidence and reasoning in the story to justify the claims or conclusion?